Generic Hand Skill Trainer (GenSkill)
Genskill is a part task trainer providing experience through practical exercises for hand skills necessary to work on aircraft components in confined spaces accessed through panels on a replicated aircraft fuselage.
The access panels are secured with a variety of different types of aircraft fasteners – quick release cam lock, toggle, torque, dzus, security bolts.
Key features include:
- Control system – control rods, pivot blocks, pivot arm, torque tube
- Hydraulic components – PFCU, rigid pipes, flexible pipes, manifold valves
- Avionic LRI – cable, connectors, mounting tray.
Note: modification kit (97520-0002A) can be purchased to upgrade to Mk.2 variant
The replicated components are made of steel so that they are robust for rigorous and extensive use during continuous disassembly and assembly tasks. The components, mountings and associated bolts are fitted and locked using various procedures in accordance with UK Aircraft Mechanical Locking Standards and Practices, for complete realism.
The students perform practical maintenance tasks, through the access panels, using standard hand tools, including torque loading, wire locking, lubrication, fault finding, removal and refit of components, and use of multimeter test equipment. On task completion the instructor/supervisor can open the hinged, shell top to inspect and debrief the student on their resultant standard of work.
An electrical loom can be added to the Genskill to help a student to develop aircraft husbandry skills as well as their competencies in maintaining electrical looms within an aircraft. The looms can have a number of faults such as such trapped and/or frayed cabling. On identifying the fault, the student can make up a replacement cable to further expand the practical task.
- Inspect Flying Control System;
- Lubricate Flying Control Torque Tube;
- Lubricate Pivot Arm Assemblies;
- Remove & Install Powered Flying Control Unit;
- Remove, Install & Examine Torque Tube Assembly;
- Remove, Install & Examine Outer Bell Crank;
- Remove & Install PFCU Control Rods;
- Remove & Install Pivot Arm Assemblies;
- Remove & Install Torque Tube Lever Assembly;
- Rigging of PFCU and Control Linkage.
- Inspect Hydraulic System;
- Remove & Install 4 Port Manifold;
- Remove & Install 6 Port Manifold;
- Remove & Install 3 Way Depress Valve;
- Remove & Install Pressure Transducer;
- Remove & Install Rigid Pipework;
- Remove & Install Flexible Pipework
- Inspect Electrical Compartment LRU;
- Remove & Install Line Replaceable Unit (LRU);
- Electrical Harness Continuity Checks.
- Interactive Electronic Technical Publication (IETP)
Length - 1110mm
Width - 1575mm
Height - 1565mm
(Note: Lid open for these measurements)