Photovoltaic Solar Energy Modular Trainer
Photovoltaic Solar Energy Modular Trainer, "MINI-EESF", is a laboratory scaled unit designed to study all the parameters involved in the solar radiation direct conversion into electricity. The trainer is based on some application modules and photovoltaic solar panels assembled in mobile structures.
It is specially designed for the theoretical and practical study of the electrical installations with photovoltaic solar energy, the typical configurations used in photovoltaic installations and the operation of the different elements involved in the conversion.
The power obtained from the solar energy can be:
- Regulated to obtain a DC power to charge a battery, studying parameters such as solar module´s current output charge level, battery voltage, etc.
- Delivered to DC loads, studying parameters such as solar module´s current output and current consumption by the loads.
- Converted to AC power to be delivered to AC loads, studying parameters such as current consumption by the loads.
- Injected to the grid, studying pPhotovoltaic Solar Energy Modular Trainer, "MINI-EESF", is a laboratory scaled unit designed to study all the parameters involved in the solar radiation direct conversion into electricity. The trainer is based on some application modules and photovoltaic solar panels assembled in mobile structures.arameters such as simulated solar module´s current and voltage outputs, power injected to the grid, mains voltage and frequency, etc.
- Three different versions are available with different practical possibilities and levels of difficulty: MINI-EESF, MINI-EESF/M and MINI-EESF/B.
Supply and Consumption at 12 V (DC).
Supply and Consumption in alternating current (AC).
Supply to the network (grid).
Solar Panel (polycrystalline) mounted on an anodized aluminum structure with wheels for mobility, and with calibrated cell to measure solar irradiation.
It consists of 36 high performance photovoltaic cells (35 x 55 mm), with a typical power of 50Wp for a 17Vdc voltage.
Both the protections and the used materials give it water proof properties, abrasion protection, hail impact protection and several other adverse environmental factors protection.
Maximum nominal power: 66W. Voltage at maximum power point (Vmpp): 17.8 V. Current at maximum power point (Impp): 3.70 A.
Short-circuit current (Isc): 4.05 A. Open circuit voltage (Voc): 22.25 V.
Dimensions: 660 x 35.5 x 780 mm. Weight: 3 Kg. approx.
Composed by two lamps to simulate the sunlight. Regulated Power from 0 to 400 W.
Battery offering optimal performance with low power applications.
Set of interconnection cables.
Rack for modules allocation:
N-ES10. Solar charge controller with an automatic recognition for operating voltage 12 V or 24 V. It monitors several parameters such as voltage, current and charge level of the battery, load current, status, etc. Additional functions can be activated such as the settings, night light function and auto-test. The regulator is equipped with various devices to protect its electronics, battery and load.
N-ES20. Loads module that incorporates two 12 V, 20W lamps, with independent switches.
N-ES30. DC/AC inverter that outputs a sinewave shaped output of 230V/50Hz ± 2% and the nominal input voltage is 12Vdc. Two different operating modes: continuous mode and ASB mode (Auto Standby) to reduce the power consumption. It is provided with a diagnosis system to indicate the user the status by different flash sequences.
N-ES40. AC Voltage measurements module until 250V. and DC until 250 V. (digital multimeter).
N-ES50. Loads module that incorporates two lamps of 220V., 50 W., with independent switches.
N-ES80. Module for measurements of solar irradiation (W/m2) and measurements of current until 10 A., with digital multimeter.
N-ES90. Module for 12Vdc battery charger.
EE-KIT2. Grid Connection Inverter Kit.
Inverter used for the conversion and injection to the grid of the power generated by a simulated source of renewable energy. The simulated source is a simulator used to obtain a variable power to be injected to the grid.
The operation mode is displayed by means of an indicating LED at the front side of the housing.
It is equipped with extensive safety measures to ensure that it is immediately switched off as soon as the AC plug is removed from the wall socket or the operation of the public grid fails.
The inverter can be connected to a computer (PC) through a RS232/USB communication to display some parameters, such as voltage and current inputs, mains voltage and frequency, maximum AC power, Kwh, etc.
- Grid Connection Inverter:
Nominal power @ 25ºC: 150 W. Maximum power @ 25ºC: 220 W. MPP voltage: 45-125V DC. Maximum voltage: 155V DC.
Nominal current: 3A.
Voltage: 230V (207 - 253 V). Maximum power, fuse: 2A. Frequency: 50 Hz (49.8 ~ 50.2 Hz).
This unit is supplied with the Grid Simulator (ESR), which simulates a low power grid to inject the power generated by the inverter.
- Grid Simulator (ESR):
ESR is designed to create an isolated low power grid. The unit uses a battery as voltage source and generates a sine signal of 220V/50Hz. The main features of the ESR are:
Inlet voltage source: battery of 12Vdc.
Battery charger included.
The user can work with this module safely. The devices included in the EE-KIT2 can be used worldwide.
Cables and Accessories, for normal operation.
Manuals: This unit is supplied with the following manuals: Required Services, Assembly and Installation, Starting-up, Safety, Maintenance & Practices Manuals.
MINI-EESF/ICAI. Interactive Computer Aided Instruction Software System:
This complete software package consists of an Instructor Software (EDIBON Classroom Manager - ECM-SOF) totally integrated with the Student Software (EDIBON Student Labsoft - ESL-SOF). Both are interconnected so that the teacher knows at any moment what is the theoretical and practical knowledge of the students.
- ECM-SOF. EDIBON Classroom Manager (Instructor Software).
ECM-SOF is the application that allows the Instructor to register students, manage and assign tasks for workgroups, create own content to carry out Practical Exercises, choose one of the evaluation methods to check the Student knowledge and monitor the progression related to the planned tasks for individual students, workgroups, units, etc... so the teacher can know in real time the level of understanding of any student in the classroom.
• User Data Base Management.
• Administration and assignment of Workgroup, Task and Training sessions.
• Creation and Integration of Practical Exercises and Multimedia Resources.
• Custom Design of Evaluation Methods.
• Creation and assignment of Formulas & Equations.
• Equation System Solver Engine.
• Updatable Contents.
• Report generation, User Progression Monitoring and Statistics.
- ESL-SOF. EDIBON Student Labsoft (Student Software).
ESL-SOF is the application addressed to the Students that helps them to understand theoretical concepts by means of practical exercises and to prove their knowledge and progression by performing tests and calculations in addition to Multimedia Resources. Default planned tasks and an Open workgroup are provided by EDIBON to allow the students start working from the first session. Reports and statistics are available to know their progression at any time, as well as explanations for every exercise to reinforce the theoretically acquired technical knowledge.
• Student Log-In & Self-Registration.
• Existing Tasks checking & Monitoring.
• Default contents & scheduled tasks available to be used from the first session.
• Practical Exercises accomplishment by following the Manual provided by EDIBON.
• Evaluation Methods to prove your knowledge and progression.
• Test self-correction.
• Calculations computing and plotting.
• Equation System Solver Engine.
• User Monitoring Learning & Printable Reports.
• Multimedia-Supported auxiliary resources.