Photovotaic Systems Application in Isolated and Parallel Grids
The Photovoltaic Systems Application in Isolated and Parallel Grids, ''AEL-PHIP'', has been designed to study the operations carried out in photovoltaic power systems which operate isolated from the national energy grid (island operation) or connected to it (parallel operation).
This application allows studying the electricity generation by means of photovoltaic panels, through the simulation of different configurations and irradiance conditions, as well as its working in island and parallel to grid operation. To that end, the application also allows proving and understanding the working principles of the different control, regulation and energy storage devices used in real photovoltaic systems.
For these purposes, the ''AEL-PHIP'' application consists of different kits that allow studying several aspects of photovoltaic power plants:
• PHIP-K1. Analysis of Series and Parallel Photovoltaic Modules Kit.
• PHIP-K2. Off-Grid Single-Phase Photovoltaic Systems Kit.
• PHIP-K3. Single-Phase Photovoltaic Systems for Parallel to Grid Operation Kit.
• N-ALI02. Domestic Main Power Supply Module.
Supply voltage: 230 VAC ( single-phase), PH+N+G.
ON-OFF removable key.
Output voltage connections:
Single-Phase: 230 VAC, PH+N+G.
Single-phase supply hose with plug connection.
Differential magnetothermal, 2 poles, 25 A, 30 mA AC 6KA.
• PESS. Photovoltaic Module with Solar Path Simulation.
Maximum power : 15 W.
Open circuit voltage: 1,96 V.
DC current: 1 A.
Nominal current: 0,83 A.
Nominal voltage: 18 V.
Halogen lamp: 500 W.
Voltage supply: 230 VAC.
• N-EAL-DC. DC Network Analyzer Unit.
DC analyzer module for measuring DC current and voltages.
Phase voltage, phase current, active power, mean power, active energy, bidirectional measurement.
Communications: Modbus RS-485.
• N-REV01. Single-Phase Variable Resistor Module 0-700 Ohm.
0-700 Ohm variable resistor.
Maximum Power: 500 W.
Three terminals for taking the maximum resistance or a variable value.
• N-SSM. Solar Simulation Module.
3 photovoltaic panel simulators.
No load voltage: 24 V.
3 potentiometers for the adjustment of the simulated irradiance.
3 DC ammeters.
3 DC voltmeters.
Short circuit protection.
• BAT6. Lead-Acid Battery 6.
Battery voltage: 12 V.
Charge and discharge current: 23 A.
Battery capacity: 7 Ah.
• N-MED85. DC Ammeter (-6+6A).
Measurement range: - 6 A +6 A.
• N-MED86. DC Voltmeter (0-15 V)
Measurement range: 0 - 15 V.
Ground terminal. • N-REG02. Current Electronic Regulator Module 2.
Automatic detection of operating voltage of 12 V or 24 V.
Monitoring of parameters:
Charge level of the battery.
Devices with self-protection, battery and loads.
• N-SWIN. Sine Wave Inverter.
Nominal Power: 375 VA.
Input Voltage: 12 VDC.
Output voltage range: 210-245 VAC.
• N-EALD. Network Analyzer Module with Oscilloscope and Data Acquisition.
The network analyzer module allows fulfilling measurements, displaying and analyzing all the parameters of
the AC electrical networks. It has an LCD screen and push-buttons for the navigation through the different
menus. It includes specific software for monitoring current and voltage curves, harmonics display, tariffs
programming, alarms programming and electrical parameters storage.
Multifunctional three-phase power meter:
Single and three-phase voltage. Up to 690 VAC L-L.
Phase and line current. Current range up to 200%. Measurement from 0-10 A.
Active, reactive and apparent power.
Suitable frequencies: 25 Hz, 50 Hz, 60 Hz y 400 Hz.
Display of the V-I vector diagram.
Supply voltage: 85-265 VAC.
Energy quality control:
Current and voltage individual harmonics measurement. Up to the 40th harmonic.
THD voltage and current, TDD and K-factor.
Maximums and minimums display.
Waveforms display, 128 samples/sec.
Events and data storage.
THD voltage and current, TDD current and K-factor, up to the 40th harmonic.
Current and voltage harmonic spectrum and angles.
Class 0.5S IEC 62053-22, active and reactive power in four quadrants.
Measurement of the total and per phase three-phase active, reactive and apparent powers.
Usage time, 4 energy/demand records of total tariffs.
8 tariffs, 4 seasons, 4 types of days.
Automatic daily report of energy consumption maximums and minimums.
Modbus TCP communication protocol with Ethernet interface.
• N-LAM34. 3 AC Lamps Module.
Lamps voltage: 230 VAC (PH+N).
Conventional lamp: 25 W.
Low consumption lamp: 4 W.
LED lamp: 2 W.
• N-LAMP35. 2 DC Lamps Module.
Lamps voltage: 12 VDC.
Halogen lamp: 25 W.
LED lamp: 2 W.
• N-INV04. Single-Phase Grid Inverter Module 4.
Input voltage: 40-80 V.
Power: 350 W.
Output voltage: 230 VAC/50 Hz.
Maximum Input current : 9 A.
Efficiency: 95 %.
Emergency disconnection for grid protection. • All necessary cables to realize the practical exercises are included.
Cables and Accessories, for normal operation.
This unit is supplied with the following manuals: Required Services, Assembly and Installation, Starting-up, Safety, Maintenance &
AEL-PHIP/ICAI. Interactive Computer Aided Instruction Software System:
This complete software package consists of an Instructor Software (EDIBON Classroom Manager - ECM-SOF) totally integrated with the Student Software (EDIBON Student Labsoft - ESL-SOF). Both are interconnected so that the teacher knows at any moment what is the theoretical and practical knowledge of the students.
- ECM-SOF. EDIBON Classroom Manager (Instructor Software).
ECM-SOF is the application that allows the Instructor to register students, manage and assign tasks for workgroups, create own content to carry out Practical Exercises, choose one of the evaluation methods to check the Student knowledge and monitor the progression related to the planned tasks for individual students, workgroups, units, etc... so the teacher can know in real time the level of understanding of any student in the classroom.
• User Data Base Management.
• Administration and assignment of Workgroup, Task and Training sessions.
• Creation and Integration of Practical Exercises and Multimedia Resources.
• Custom Design of Evaluation Methods.
• Creation and assignment of Formulas & Equations.
• Equation System Solver Engine.
• Updatable Contents.
• Report generation, User Progression Monitoring and Statistics.
- ESL-SOF. EDIBON Student Labsoft (Student Software).
ESL-SOF is the application addressed to the Students that helps them to understand theoretical concepts by means of practical exercises and to prove their knowledge and progression by performing tests and calculations in addition to Multimedia Resources. Default planned tasks and an Open workgroup are provided by EDIBON to allow the students start working from the first session. Reports and statistics are available to know their progression at any time, as well as explanations for every exercise to reinforce the theoretically acquired technical knowledge.
• Student Log-In & Self-Registration.
• Existing Tasks checking & Monitoring.
• Default contents & scheduled tasks available to be used from the first session.
• Practical Exercises accomplishment by following the Manual provided by EDIBON.
• Evaluation Methods to prove your knowledge and progression.
• Test self-correction.
• Calculations computing and plotting.
• Equation System Solver Engine.
• User Monitoring Learning & Printable Reports.
• Multimedia-Supported auxiliary resources.