Ignition systems and generators of vehicles
On the bench panel there is a diagram of a generating unit, which can be rewired with the use of jumpers.
The measuring system includes pointer instruments for measuring currents of battery, generator, load, generator excitation current and generator speed. Generator excitation current can be supplied from the standard voltage regulator of the generator and from the additional regulator of excitation current (0-5A). The load of the generating unit is adjustable within 0-360W.
Faults introduction unit enables the introduction of different generating unit faults.
On the bench there are the following acting items:
generator with integral voltage regulator, motor-driven, with adjustable rotational speed (0-4000 rpm);
elements of the following ignition systems: contact, induction, contactless with Hall sensor; they include ignition distributors, coils, control units, high-voltage wires and spark plugs.
Spark plugs are installed in a high-pressure chamber with adjustable pressure (0-8 atm) and a transparent wall for monitoring the process of sparking under different conditions.
An automatic impulse charger is built in the bench for charging the accumulator battery.
The training system is supplied with a set of methodical and technical documentation for teaching staff.
- Generator. Construction, operating principle, characteristics.
- Voltage regulator. Typical connection circuits, characteristics.
- Accumulator battery. Load characteristic.
- Combined action of accumulator battery and generator.
- Accumulator battery charge alarm.
- Contact ignition system.
- Contactless ignition system with induction sensor.
- Contactless ignition system with Hall sensor.